Saturday, November 28, 2009

What's new?

Well we are going to China in like 5 days!! Hard to wrap my brain around that. We have been busy with preparations for the trip & Christmas. The house is all decorated & a few Christmas presents are bought & wrapped under the tree. The schedules for the kids are pretty much done. We just need to do laundry & pack. And not stress out!
My heart has been heavy thinking about Sydney being taking back to the orphanage & her foster family grieving. She has been with the foster family a year this month. I just can not imagine the tears & sadness from them. Praying that Sydney has an easy adjustment with us.
A couple of people have asked how I think Sydney will react to us on Gotcha Day. Scream! Really loud. Not sure why I think she will scream. But this will be very traumatic & emotional for her.
Please pray for Philip & Ashlyn & the grandparents taking care of them. I'm really trying to not think about leaving them right now because it makes me cry. I'm tearin' up just thinking about it! I know they will have fun without us and the time will go by really fast. They have a lot going on. We are so close to being a family of 5!

3 comments:

The Richerts said...

God will cover our whole experience -- no matter what it is. I know........hard to imagine how our girls will respond to the huge change in their little lives. We'll be praying for those who stay at home, too. On another note, shall I book Ann for the shopping trip on Thursday the 10th? It looks like we may have some free time. Or we can do it once we are there and know from the guides which day would be best.

rjms said...

Praying for you as you leave for such an adventure, yet also have two precious children at home. What a fun reunion it will be as you bring home Sydney from China. I pray that the bonding goes well and all travels go smoothly. It seems like just last week we were in China and yet it has been 4 months already!!

Jill Munson

Denise said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to follow along...soak up every wonderful moment!