Monday, March 9, 2009

Hours Before Our DTC.........

Hours before our dossier when to China, PJ & I were standing in line at Blue Sky waiting to order. PJ's cellphone goes off & it is AWAA. I automatically panic & start thinking our dossier is NOT going today. All PJ is saying is "Yes Ma'am". He hangs up & says the agency has a referral they want us to look at. State of shock sets in! What? We are hours from being DTC. PJ explains that the little girl has a special need that agency does not know anything about. They think gastro or blood disorder. We anxiously await the email to come to my phone.
PJ & I were totally not prepared for a referral at this point. We did not even know what to do next. And her special need was nowhere to be found. It was also a Friday which means our agency is closed til Monday. PJ & I researched the internet, called or emailed anyone we could think of to help and prayed & prayed. Still no idea what she had. We were able to figure out what her medical condition is and....
Well--10 days later.........The Vinyards are so happy to announce the referral of their daughter/sister. Si Xin is 2 years and 4 months old. She is beautiful. I can't even describe how precious her picture looks. Si Xin's caretakers describe her as active, having a ready smile, energetic & fairly extroverted. She is loved by caretakers. Si Xin just sounds adorable! She is super tiny. Once she gets on the "Merrill Diet", she will be fine!!! (pictures can not be posted til we receive our RA from China, 4-5 months) .
I put Si Xin's picture in envelopes for the kids to open at dinner. They were very happy, both had those huge, goofy smiles on their faces. Keeping the referral from the kids (& friends) was extremely hard. Philip put his in his room & Ashlyn is taking hers to school. It is a big deal for her to be a big sister. Philip is already a big brother!
Our journey to China will not happen for probably 6-7 months (according to our agency). We can not wait. Thank you so much for your prayers during our journey so far. We are beyond excited! Our referral was such a God thing. All along we knew that He already had Hope picked out for us. We just didn't expect it on Feb 27!! God is awesome.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

We are so excited about our new
granddaughter. God is truly wonderful and awesome!!!
Love,
Mimi and Papaw

Sheri - the patient one said...

Jen

I have tears in my eyes as I type. It was so great to hear your voice for the first time today.

CONGRATULATIONS !!! Dave and I are extremely excited for you, PJ and the kids. What a lucky girl Si Xin's is.

God it good. Love and Prayers
Sheri & Dave

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you! What a praise! Congrats!

The Hart's said...

YEAH!!! So exciting! I am so glad to hear of your good news! We will continue to pray for a smooth process.
Congratulations!

Aimee said...

You know (as I screamed into the phone)we are beyond excited with and for you. I know she is your blessing, but God will also be blessing her with you guys and all the love that awaits her.

Wife of the Pres. said...

CONGRATULATIONS from an AWAA SN family. We have been home with our daughter for almost 6 months! I hope and pray your wait is shorter than AWAA says, but either way the wait will be sweet and so worth it!!!

ENJOY this feeling after your referral! There is nothing like it, except the day you meet your child!!! Praying the time passes quickly for you!

Sharon said...

Congratulations!! Wow, that was quick!!!I am sure she is beautiful!! Can't wait to see a picture.

jeanette said...

congratulations.

getting a referral is a surreal moment regardless of when it happens...but I would think it'd be especially surreal on the day you're DTC'ing. :)

praying your paperwork speeds thru the CCAA and you have that little girl in your arms sooner than 6-7 months.

Melissa said...

You all are such an amazing family. Can't wait to meet our new neice. Can't wait to watch all four kids play and grow up together. Our family has truely been blessed by God. Love you guys.
Justin, Meissa and Ava

Lexie said...

Congratulations!!! I am Jenn's daughter...had to come give my congrats!! My mom did let me have a peek at your girl...and she is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to continue to follow y'alls journey!!

Lexie

Lesa said...

Congratulations from the Lambert Family.

We are also waiting our referral. We have been actually waiting for 33 months and have had our application in for 3 1/2 months now.

So exciting how fast you got your referral. May I ask why you will be waiting so long before your TA?

Lesa