Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little Update on Sydney

We received an update today on Sydney. Our FC emailed me this morning with two pictures & current measurements. The medical information & pictures from the referral were from last May (about 10 months old). When I requested updated information, I really did not think the orphanage would do it for some reason. Don't get me wrong--from what I have heard, Sydney is in a great orphanage. But they are very busy with children.
The new pictures are from March 16th & measurements from March 24th!(remember the China time difference) Sydney has gained some weight & grown taller. Yeah! But she still has the chubby cheeks! She is weighing 26 pounds & a little over 33 inches tall. Sydney & my niece Ava are almost exactly the same size (Miss Ava will be two in July and Miss Sydney will be three in October). I think they might get into trouble together! That will be so fun for them.
We realize Sydney is small compared to "the charts". But we are really thrilled that she has grown almost all over. Sydney also has 20 teeth! Do all 2.5 year olds have that many teeth? She was also wearing light blue crocs! Too cute!
(We still can not post photos--sorry!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ava will be teaching Sydney all her bad habits in no time. They are going to have so much fun together.

Sheri - the patient one said...

Keep those updates coming - she will be here before you know it! Are you ready?