We received our Sydney update early this morning. All four of us just stared at the pictures. She has grown so much since the last March pictures (yes as in 3 months ago!). Sydney is just so cute! Super chubby cheeks. The update included the answers to almost all of our 10 questions, new measurements & 4 photos. I'm sure this sounds bad--but I really wanted the new pictures. Sydney is still sporting the orphanage haircut but she is rockin' it. Her face is just so cute!
One of Sydney's favorite activities is going out to morning tea. In Guangzhou, people enjoy morning tea. They also have some congee and dim sum. And then she also enjoys going to the park in the afternoon. There is a sad answer to our question of how she soothes herself. She will calm down after crying for a little while. I was expecting them to say she sucked on her fingers or had a special something for some reason. Breaks my heart to think about her crying for any length of time.
Sydney's personality is self-willed & obstinate sometimes. She is fairly active, pungent & extroverted. What does pungent mean? I wondered if this was a translation thing. But it was kinda funny reading that word next to fairly active! The orphanage calls our little Sydney--Bao Bao Lian. KM's mom said Bao Bao means "Hold Me". Philip & Ashlyn used to say this all the time to me. OK--how did Bao Bao Lian come from Li Si Xin? I would love your comments about this.
Sydney's favorite food is fried tomatoes with eggs and Chang Fen. I'm going to need to learn how to make a few things other than Tex-Mex, pasta & scrambled eggs! She has grown a little. And her arms are really chubby. I love that!
We are wanting to hold Bao Bao Lian. Can't wait for Gothca Day and to be able to post her pictures! Come on RA (referral approval)!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Yeah Jen!!!!!! I am thrilled that you got an update!!!!! Here's to RAs coming soon right????? We just got an update on Georgia with pictures. I will see if I can email them to you, we could swap pictures!!!! Praying for you guys!
She is the cutest. Can't wait till she gets home. She already seems just so sweet and mellow. So excited for you guys. Love ya.
Mel
Yeah!!! So happy that you got an update!!!
It is always such a blessing to get new
pictures!!
Happy to see you posting again!
Missed you!
Just thinking of you as you wait. So glad you got an update!!!
Post a Comment