Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Really Small Update about Sydney Hope

I have come in contact with another family (The Howards) adopting from Sydney's orphanage. Sophia Grace is a couple of weeks older than Sydney--so we figured the girls were friends or at least knew each other. We were hoping to travel around the same time so we could get the girls together. But that did not happen. Anyways, the Howards are in China now & sent me an email this morning. (I tried to paste the email but for some reason it would not work??)
They asked Mrs. Zhuang (orphanage coordinator)about Sydney. Mrs Zhuang knew exactly who Sydney was & said that she is still in foster care and doing very well! The Howards are unsure if Sophia recognized Sydney. They said she pointed to the picture & had many things to say but they could not understand what she was saying! That is so cute.
They also said that it should bring us comfort that Sydney is still in her foster care. The children in foster care are placed most of the time with families that they call "model" families. They foster 4-5 children & that is considered their job. They have no other employment. They treat their children as their own--feed, care & love them.
Sounds like Sydney is still doing great. Thank you Howard Family. Check out their blog. Sophia Grace is adorable! Love her name!
Still wishing our TA would come. Sydney turns 3 years old a week from today. Hope her foster family celebrates it!

3 comments:

Lesa said...

I'm so happy that you got some word on your daughter. I do hope that some good news comes by way of a TA.

Monte and Missy said...

Praying that TA comes this week - hopefully Monday! Thank you for your prayers for our Abigail. We want so much to be with her right now. We rest in knowing that our loving Father holds her, us, Sydney and the rest of your family in His mighty hands.

Sheri - the patient one said...

I was just on the Howards blog. I miss my China connection. Sophia is adorable. I can't wait till you travel!