Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back on Schedule?

The kids went back to school on Monday. At times, I felt like the Christmas break was the longest 2 weeks of my life. Everything was "new" with our family & we were also exhausted for the majority of it! I also knew that our new family of 5 really needed a schedule. So I woke up early on Monday, PJ went & worked out (Go PJ!) and then the kids decided to wake up at the crack of dawn & totally mess with our new morning schedule!! Whats up with that??!!
Sydney was not sure why the kids were getting out of the car & we were driving off. I was really teary for some reason seeing them walk into the school. The reunion after school was so cute! My kids love each other. Sydney does this cute kiss thing where she makes the MMMM sound & puckers her lips--cute! Philly even lets Sydney kiss him (don't mention this to him!)
I also went back to work on Monday. Of course Sydney came with me--we have only been home 2 weeks! I always brought the other kids to work with me til they went to school. We have a nice playroom & friendly atmosphere with people that love our kids! It was really nice to be somewhat normal back at work for the day. I did not work today & really missed being outside of the house. I think Sydney does better too if we are not couped up in the house all day.
So Ashlyn came home from school with strep yesterday--yeah 1st day back. PJ & I knew she was close to getting sick. When she gets exhausted, she gets sick. Another reason why we need our schedule back! So the girls had their first "fight" today. I think it was a combination of Ashlyn not feeling well & Sydney being her spicey self. I thought it was funny but really tried hard to not express that to the girls. I made them hug each other & we went on.
Sydney has several doctor appointments coming up this week & next--eye & physical therapy. The doctor's office did call today with preliminary blood test results that were not what we expected. Other results will be back on Thursday at the latest. Not sure what is going on but we are trying not to stress & jump to conclusions. Trusting in God's plan.
Also, thank you for all of the sweet comments & emails from my last post. I really appreciate them.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I hear you friend! I love it when my children are home but they MUST have a schedule or they are wacky! LOL Hopefully you'll find your new norm and things will start to flow smooth.

The Richerts said...

Jen -- Let me know about the blood work! Livi's first round came back low iron (not anemic), and one of the thyroid levels was off. We are going in for them to take more today or tomorrow.