Here are two of the pictures that we received from Half the Sky. The pictures are from the summer of 2007 & 2008. Kinda neat to see how much Sydney changed in a year. Love those cheeks! Just want to kiss them all of the time.
I think this is on the orphanage grounds. Kinda looks like her nanny just let her go--kinda like she just started running or something.
I love this picture! Love that Sydney had face to face interaction like that. Not all babies get that in orphanages. Sydney called her nanny in this picture "Mama". Makes me kinda teary but not in a sad way (hard to explain). Sydney has had at least three Mamas that we know of--this nanny in yellow (who was the same lady in all pictures for two years), foster mom (11 months) and then me (almost 9 weeks). I just pray that Sydney starts to understand that this Mama is here to stay.






4 comments:
So sweet! Thanks for sharing those pictures. How fun to see.
how amazing to get these pictures of Sydney early in her life - what a wonderful gift! And happy 2 month gotcha day anniversary - seems like yesterday and so long ago both at the same time, doesn't it? ?
Sweet little Sydney! So precious!
KM still calls pictures of her nannies "Mama". It's so hard isn't it? In a way you can't explain.
Tell me about that sign with your kids' names on it? That looks awesome!
Happy 2 months!
Thanks for sharing these pictures! I love the very last one. I am a cheeks kind of gal. My oldest daughter had monstrous cheeks as a baby and toddler. They are great for kissing!
I can't believe it's been two months already!
Post a Comment