Sunday, January 30, 2011

So we had a fire....

So we had a fire in our house a little over two weeks ago. Never thought anything like that would happen but it did! Thankfully, PJ was home with the kids when the fire started. PJ was able to get the kids out & nobody was harmed in any way.
The firemen were awesome! They said if you are going to have a house fire than this is the kind to have. The fire started in our woodburing stove in the family room & spread to the attic. Thank you to the firemen for saving our house! Also, thank you to our family & friends that have helped out (doing our smokey laundry, cleaning up right after the fire, neighbors taking our kids into their house, feeding us, keeping our kids, listening to me whine about not having clothes, loaning me clothes, texting, emailing, praying, keeping us sane, etc). Love you guys!
Also, thank you to the cleaning guys that made our house not smell like we had a fire! I really did not believe it was possible in the "fire" room. But we do not smell any smoke or anything from the fire right now.

I don't even remember taking this picture on my phone? This must of been right after I pulled up.
What the house looked like when we were able to come back in. PJ moved all of the furniture away from the fire when it broke out. We think all of it will be fine.

Right after the fire.

This is now being replaced!

Insulation from our attic!

I was not trying to be "cool" with this picture! I could only come in the rooms so far--so I just took random pictures.

New ceiling going up & smokey wood coming out! Will post new pictures when the room is complete. Probably about two weeks out for it to be complete.

3 comments:

Hoots Momma said...

Glad you guys are all okay. If you've read Edie's blog (Life in grace) you know things didn't turn out as well for her. We'll be praying for you!

Sharon said...

I saw your posts on fb and have been waiting for details on your blog. Glad all are okay and your house was saved!!! We had a wood burning stove growing up and had a fire one day..thanks heavens my mom was at home and it was mostly smoke damage and IT IS amazing they can get that smell out!!!

Tina Michelle said...

HOw scary!