The home study is over! The SW was here for 4 hours today. Yes--4 hours! On the bright side, we are done with the interviewing part. She requested that Philip & Ashlyn be here today during the interview. The SW interviewed both of the kids in their bedrooms. Ashlyn was first & then Philip. I think they were both nervous but did great. I could not really hear the questions, but PJ was majorly eavesdropping. Are you excited about getting a baby sister? What happens when you get in trouble? What kind of parents do you have?
The SW interviewed PJ & I together for almost 2 hours. And then our individual interviews lasted an hour each. The questions were more personal than the last interview. More personal than we expected! The SW will drop back by tomorrow. China requires 3 meetings on different dates. I think she said she will ask the kids a couple of questions but nothing major. It will take the SW at least 2 weeks to write up our report. She will then send it to us & to our family coordinator (FC) for review. Our FC is very picky! I mean that in a good way. We want to presented to China accurately. Reviewing might take awhile!
I'm glad it is over. We treated the kids (& ourselves) to ice cream. Thanks for the emails & prayers. We really appreciate them.
FC-Family Coordinator
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Glad to hear everything went well!
Post a Comment