Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why can.......

So..these random thoughts have been going around in my head since we came home from China.

Why can people save up for or make sacrifices for:

Granite countertops. Or whatever remodel project they are wanting to do in their home! I really like granite.Beach Vacation. Who doesn't love chillin' on the beach with your loved ones?!
Down Payment for a new home. Cute house!

Sweet ride just like the Real Housewives are drivin' or the teenagers here in my city. The car looks pretty spiffy!


But they can not make sacrifices for this:






I have been around tons of people that say to me--We would love to adopt but: it is just not in our financial plans right now or we would need to this first or that first.
Seriously--there are close to 150 million orphans in this world! Adopt first & then save up for your spiffy new ride!!
So glad that we answered God's calling & made sacrifices to bring Sydney home to her family! Sydney has blessed this family beyond words.
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew 18:5
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure & faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Amen!!!

Step Wagner said...

Love this post! It really is a matter of priorites. I know our family has had to make some difficult financial desicions, however we have been blessed beyond measure through adoption. If anyone feels led to adopt I pray that you will be willing to step out and make some difficult financial decisions...it will give a child a forever family. You will then realize that the difficult finacial decisions, really don't matter in the big picture. Thanks for sharing your heart for orphans Jen!!!

Wendy S in PA said...

I couldn't agree more Jennifer!! I feel exactly the same way about Sabrina!! The blessings from "investing" in adopting will far outlast all those other "investments" too!! Great post!!

Wendy S. in PA

The Richerts said...

Amen, sister!! Snuggling in bed this morning with our little adopted princess. Blessed beyond measure.
Love ya,
Barbara
ps happy b-day to Phillip!

Kim said...

....some of us know forever is a lot longer than life on earth.

I pray all the "decorating and status and comfort" sacrifices are just payments made forward to my heavenly mansion.

I remind myself when the green-eyed envy monster strikes. "I'd rather have a suburban with 110,000 miles and Faith than a Lexus and no Faith.

Thanks for sharing my heart!

http://rileygracebublitz.blogspot.com said...

Jen

I am blogging again...Yeah!!! and I love this post. Now that Riley has turned one we are eligible again now that to bring another precious gift into our life. God only knows what is next for us. Thanks for this post.

Miss you
Sheri

Leslie Cuti said...

You are soooo right!! WE couldn't afford it either but we stepped out in faith and God provided it ALL. We even took out a loan in the end - He paid that off within 6 months!! God wants all of His children home and will provide the way. To all who read this post and feel that "tug" I pray that you will listen to God and bring that kiddo home!

Alison G. said...

Very nicely put! And I saw it just at the right time, as I complain about my 1980s ranch house with the original, oops I meant 'vintage', counters and popcorn ceiling!
Alison

Sammy said...

Yeah, well I wonder that too, but I wonder more how they can judge me because I'm giving up my dream kitchen (for now) for orphans. : - ) Then I get the.. where do they all sleep. Where do these stupid people think they slept in China? They don't have a clue how rotten their lives were before.

Kathy said...

Amen!!!
Great post!
We have been blessed beyond measure!

Hoots Momma said...

This post hits it right on the head!!! Our culture is save or charge for me me me me. When we do things Gods way, the blessing we get from saving for something eternal far outweigh the TEMPORARY thrill we get from the "things" of this world! Thanks so much for responding to my post. I'm new to the Yahoo group. Can't wait to meet our daughter. Your kiddos are beautiful!

LedaP said...

I'm so right there with you! I posted on my blog about the whole new car thing as well when talking about costs -

http://adoptionoffaith.blogspot.com/p/costs.html

So, glad to see others pointing it out as well.

Heather said...

I agree! I was adopted when I was 9 and am truly thankful for the sacrifices made to bring myself and my brothers into a better life. It's a selfless thing you and your family have done:)