Thursday, November 20, 2008

I-800 A sent off!

Yeah! We mailed off our "stuff" to the USCIS today. It is taking about 82 days to process paperwork, so maybe around Valentines Day we can send our dossier to China. We actually decided last February to adopt. I never dreamed it would take us a year to get everything together--deciding on country & agency, buying/selling houses, moving, tons of paperchasing, home study interviews, social workers and much more. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off. Now we just have more waiting! We are getting real good at it.
Several AWAA families are coming home from China this week--please pray for their safe return & easy transition :).

Included in our I-800A UPS packet-
cover letter
marriage & birth certificates
court disposition (not mine!!!)
written statement about the "incident" (not mine either!!)
Hague approval letter from agency
home study
& $830 money order (Yes we have to pay our country to bring home our daughter from China)

No comments: