Philip and Ashlyn had the "best first week ever". This is the first year that both of the kids have LOVED the first week of school. Makes our life a lot easier! Also, Philip will not be having the huge amounts of homework like we had last year. Who-hoo!
China Prep--we are buying & packing. OK--not really putting into the suitcases but into storage bins. I'm thinking PJ will not be able to take any clothes!! I'm amazed at how much we already have "packed". Where will we put the rest of the stuff?? All of us have been practicing how to use Skype. Hoping we can communicate with the kids this way. The kids think it is so fun!
Adoption News--we received the provisional approval from our government to adopt Sydney yesterday. Our travel dates are supposed to be October 8-22nd as long as our TA (travel approval) comes in. AWAA (our agency) has groups going out on Sept 3rd & 17th but we most likely when not have our TA in time.
Sydney News--LadybugsnLove prepared Sydney's care package. The orphanage should of received it by now. We sent a blanket, photo album with 10 pictures of us, camera & money to order her a cake. I have read several postings/emails from our GSWI group about families sending care packages & the children not receiving them or getting them the night before gotcha. So--we were kinda unsure about what to send. Hopefully sending money for the cake will get us an updated picture (maybe in the foster home). I really hope Sydney receives the pictures!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I have to make a comment about your song playing, "Finally Home". This is KM's favorite song. When it comes on the radio she says "Karleigh Mei's song!!". And it is toooooo sweet hearing her singing it!
I can't wait to hear about all the sweet things that Sydney does! In the backseat of the car, in her room, in the backyard, at the grocery store, in the bathtub.....It's gonna be soon mama!!!
Blessings,
Jenn
Post a Comment