Angela from Ladybugs n love emailed us this morning. If you have never used them, these ladies are awesome! The orphanage answered all 10 of our questions! Yeah! But no pictures (which I really wanted). Since we requested pictures in June, they did not want to send more this time :(.
One of the most interesting answers------Sydney has been with a foster family since December 16, 2008! Hello--how did we not know that? This totally changes all of our "what is Sydney doing right now" questions. We pictured her waking up (while we are eating dinner) in a little room with several of her little friends all in their small beds!
How do we feel that Sydney is in a foster family? I think it is a good thing for her?? (right?) We are hoping that she is getting a ton of lovins and attention from her foster family. I also hope they are reading to her at least 30 minutes to 1 hour a day and teaching her the ABCs in English(he-he!) Back to being serious--I think the transition might be really hard on all 3 of us. I think Sydney will be brought back to the orphanage again before we come to China. We are really not sure what to think right now. The kids are having a hard time with Sydney living with a "family" that is not our family. I'm amazed at how much the kids LOVE their baby sister without even "knowing" her. It warms my heart!
Sydney likes to play outside and eat candies. She will fit right in with her big sister. Ashlyn would eat candy all day if we let her! She does not like to crackers. Do you think she will like goldfish crackers??!!
Sydney grew a little over 2 inches since June but lost just a little weight. I'm sure from growing taller or different scales. She still just has 20 teeth!
The girls room is finished! I will try to post pictures soon.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I'm glad they answered your questions! I'm sorry you did not receive any new pictures though. I know it is hard not seeing her sweet face.
Lia was in foster care and I must tell you that her foster dad brought her from their house to the orphanage on our Metcha Day. They all jumped in the car and came straight to the civial affairs building. I'm not sure if this is how it works in all provinces but I thought I'd let you know of our experience.
I'll be praying for all of you.
Katie was in foster care and while it was hard in China, her attachment has been quite beautiful to us NOW...lots of hard work but she was VERY attached to her foster Mom which we were told in the referral paperwork.
Our daughter went in to a foster home Dec. 3, 2008 and then back to the orphanage on July 3, 2009 and we picked her up on July 13. We didn't know she was in the foster home until we picked her up. We used Lady bugs and love as well and were very impressed. We sent Maya a photo album and requested that she have it brought with her, but the orphanage lost it and she never received it. Bummer!!!! Lady bugs and love was so helpful in trying to track it down. We are adopting again and will use them for the next adoption.
Post a Comment