Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Almost Homebound

Today we went to the US Consulate & took our oath with Sydney. When she enters Dallas (our first US port), she will be a US citizen. It is really just a formality--kids are crying, families are packed into a room & you can barely hear what the guy is saying. Even though the room was a little chaotic, I was a little teary. After two years of this process, Sydney is finally coming home.

I know I keep saying this BUT we are truly blessed with Sydney. And if you have ever thought about adopting--DO IT! No matter what you go through to get you there--DO IT! Tomorrow one of us will go back & pick up Sydney's papers that will allow us to enter the country. Yeah!



We took our travel group pictures today. This is not the entire group. The guides (who we love!) split us up into two groups. Several of the children & family wore their Chinese outfits. Everyone looked great! Sydney was so proud to wear hers. We then headed over to the White Swan to take the "red couch" picture below. Sydney was ready for a nap by then. And was not real cooperative with the photo shoot!



Sydney seems to be having better days. Thank you so much for the comments & emails. Several of our travel group friends are leaving in the morning. Please pray for their safe travels.

We leave here on Friday with the other over 2 year old families. Our flight leaves Guangzhou to Shanghai at 8am. We then fly to Tokyo and then onto Dallas and then home. Super long flight but we are so ready to get home!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Hey guys, I can't believe it has been 2 years. Can't wait to see you all at the airport. I hope it won't be too overwhelming for all of you. Just let us when you will be arriving. Be safe!!

Katherine said...

She is so cute in her pink Chinese outfit! Precious! I won't be able to make it to the airport on Fri nite, but I know you are so excited to be coming home. I'm sure your kids have missed you tons! I'll have to meet her another time...can't wait!
I'll be praying for you all to have safe travel home.