So we ended up having our medical exam this morning instead of tomorrow. The clinic kinda reminds me of something from the 80s movies or something. We did not get anymore information about Sydney's special needs during the medical "exam." Sometimes, families can get more accurate information from the Chinese medical records. But that did not happen with us. The first doctor asked us to talk to her & then we did & he said no talking. But I think he meant to say does she talk to you and do you understand. We were like "are you serious?". Anytime Chinese people speak to Sydney, she looks away. (which I think is normal for where we are in this process--right?) Then the next room the doctor asked if we were aware of a few things. I think they were trying to figure out if the orphanage director was open with us. But we honestly have no idea. This doctor felt around on Sydney & then called two other doctors in to feel around & then our guide to come in. And they all said "ok." PJ & I were thinking OK with what??

We did not receive anything but rough treatment with our baby girl. And then the next room was height & weight. Sydney weighs 32 pounds and not sure about how tall she is. We then got to wait for the 6 shots & tb test. Sydney is a very tough little girl. We are blessed that God chose us to be her parents. Sydney fell asleep on the bus & is still asleep. Rough day for her. I'm sure it brought up old memories. We had a little melt-down before the shots but "no biggie."
We have clean laundry!! Yeah. Look how nice the clothes are folded and they are dry!! Guangzhou is very humid. It takes about 2 days for undies to dry . The laundry was 190 Chinese dollars. Which I think that is pretty cheap for 5 jeans, 1 pants & 9 shirts. Laundry service again tomorrow. Sydney needs some clothes washed since the majority of them are the wrong size.
Thanks for the prayers & comments. I love getting up & reading all of them.






7 comments:
Jen
Thank you so much for taking the time to post. We LOVE reading then every morning!
So you mentioned wrong size. To BIG or to Small?
Praying that your trip continues to go well.
Happy Friday
Sheri
By the time kids would speak to the Chinese they forgot their Chinese. She seems to be acting very appropriate. www.sammynmick.com
Sorry to hear that Sydney had a rough day. Such a sweetheart. So many things going on that she just doesn't understand.
Praying for that TB test and for peace for you until you get the results!
Love all the updates and the pictures. She is just SO precious and looks like she was made for your lap!
Blessings,
Jenn
Glad all is going well...was your laundry slightly wet? Ours always was but maybe bcuz they were doing it for 6 people!
Jen,
I love reading about your time with Sydney and we can't wait for ya'll to get back so we can meet her. I have many questions about some of your post but they can wait til you get back. Amy F.
Hey Jen~ I look forward to reading your blog every evening...thanks for taking the time to post. I think of you and your journey everyday. Sorry to hear that Sydney had a bad day...hope tomorrow is better for you guys.
Paige
I look forward to reading about your adventures with Sydney everyday! Hope you all rest well tonight!
Post a Comment