Monday, December 14, 2009

Rough Day

So yesterday was a rough day with Sydney. Our China schedule was all different with the early TB test & then staying on the island to shop. At least that is what we are hoping it was. She did NOT want to ride in the stroller or have PJ carry her or have me carry her. Sydney is trying to see what she can get away with & then when we tell her no, she rolls around on the floor & kinda cries.

Her "fits" are pretty comical because they are not dramatic at all. She obviously has not seen the other two fits throwers in the family (both start with A!). Sydney hit a few times yesterday & I think she might have bit PJ too. It is just difficult (like all adoptive families know)--we have no idea what went on before we got Sydney. And she has been through a lot--17 days ago went to the orphanage where she was obviously beaten up and then having only been with us for 7 days. And we are really missing Philip & Ashlyn and home. We are all just emotional right now!





Sydney did have a great time at the "park" on the island. A lot of adoptive families and Chinese families were playing. Sydney seems to love other children. Yeah! She just watches them & then wants to play with them. Or if they are younger, she wants to be their mommy. Interesting. Wondering if she was around babies.

Our guides will go to our consulate appointment today. So we will stay in the room this morning after breakfast. Hoping we have no problems with paperwork. And then maybe we will play with Sydney's new friends here in the hotel or walk to one of the parks. We are just hoping for a great day!

6 comments:

Sammy said...

She is a pretty girl! Hang in there!

www.sammymick.com

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys. What an amazing experience. I am keeping the students posted. It has proven to be a great learning experience for them. God is faithful.

Lindsey Wesley

Randy and Staci said...

Jennifer,

We just got back home 4 days ago and I am checking in on the blogs. I know how you feel. Hang in there! I am sorry we just missed meeting up with your family in China. We played at the same park only a week or so ago. And I know the exact Starbucks you are referring to! The whole adoption trip was more emotional than I thought it would be. Our little Sophie is doing well, and my heart breaks at how strong and brave she is forced to be. We are happy to be home, but I can't believe we've only been here 4 days. We are totally messed up time wise. Randy and I can't sleep much past midnight or 1am. I can't wait to finish following your journey home. Be safe, and enjoy the rest of your time in China!
Staci Barrus

Kim said...

Hang in there! Remember, you are climbing a mountain. Some days the climb will be harder than others. Just take one step at a time.

I promise one day when you reach the top the view will be breathtaking. You'll look back and see how God held your hand every step, you'll see all the progress Sydney has made and you'll sit down on the mountaintop and weep with joy and amazement.

Until then, one step at a time, one moment at a time, hang in there. I promise it is all worth it.

Also, & you know this, a great deal of her hitting and biting is a result of frustration and inability to communicate. She'll get it.

You're almost home!

Ps.121
1I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
2My help comes from the L*RD,
Who made heaven and earth.
3He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.

Jenn said...

So sorry to hear you had a rough day, but know that it is "normal". One of the things I learned about KM wanting control, was that she really DIDN'T want control! The world is too big and scary for HER to have control. Make sure that YOU are always the one who wins. She really wants to give you the control, but right now she is afraid to. Eventually her knowing that you have the reins on it all will make her feel secure and loved.

Hang in there and keep doing what your doing!

Love the park pictures!

Sheri said...

Praying today that you will be granted patience and the extra energy you need to get through to you can be HOME.

OX
Sheri