Today is our last full day in China. We have not really done much except pack. Amazing how you can have all of your stuff in three bags & then two weeks later you are wondering where all of this "stuff" is going to fit. We did bring an extra duffel bag for shopping.
Sydney had her first experience with Play-Doh today. She loved it! It held her attention for over an hour. Yes--she sat still for over an hour! She just rolled it all out, talked to it and then combined all the colors together. I'm thinking Ashlyn & Sydney will have different bags of Play-Doh when we get home! Ashers might not like the combining of all of the colors.
PJ will head to the consulate in a little bit to pick up Sydney's documents to enter the country.
This is just to clarify from some emails/comments we received about the last post--we did not actually wait two years from Sydney's referral to Gotcha Day. It took us 2 years (or more like 22 months) from deciding to adopt until Gotcha Day (includes deciding on country, agency, paperchase, referral, approvals, etc). I did not want to scare people about the waiting time. Sorry if that was confusing.
We are excited to come home and see everyone. Our plane lands around 6:30pm. Please remember that Sydney is most likely going to be overwhelmed with flying and Texas in general so please do not have any expectations of how she will react to you or even to PJ & me or the kids. All of this is new to Sydney and we need to give her space to adjust.
Can't wait for you guys to see her. She is a little cutie!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Praying for safe travels for you! I know you are excited about getting home and having your whole family together! Yay!!
Hope Sydney enjoys flying! Praying for safe travel!
Praying for a safe trip home and a happy reunion with the whole family.Thanks so much for sharing your moments together as a family
She's almost home!
She is beautiful Jenn! I'm sorry I have not commented before today. I've been taking a break from reading blogs … sorry though I've not been here as much as I would've liked!
I hope she is feeling all better. The eating so much is probably a coping mechanism for her. Once she realizes food is available, she'll relax on that. S was very protective of her food (and had to have it available 24/7) for about 6 months. Now she is not in survival mode so much anymore.
She is JUST PRECIOUS and SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope and pray her needs are just needing a family!!! What wonderful news about her language! Go GOD!!!
Love and Prayers for a safe journey home.
Leslie
Post a Comment