Hey, everyone. Jenn & PJ are having trouble posting to the blog at this point, so she emailed the post to us and we're posting it for them. (Jason & Aimee)
-------------------------
I'm up at 2am again here. Ugh! Sydney's night #2 was ok. She started whimpering around midnite. We very quickly realized that she had diarrhea. Poor thing. She is eating so much new food & a lot of it that we are hoping that is all it is. PJ & I cleaned her up (thank goodness for the pullup that I put on her tonight & flushable wipes--yes China I flushed toilet paper!). I layed her back down in her little bed & she got very teary. Which broke my heart, so I scooped her right up & put her in our bed. Sometime between midnight & 2am, she started having nightmares. She starts kinda moaning & talking like she is upset (which we can not understand!). We just try to comfort her & she falls back asleep for awhile. And then it starts again.
If any of the moms have any suggestions for the diarrhea & the nightmares--please let me know! Her mouth infection looks better I think. Her skin is very very dry. Concerned about what will happen when we come home to our very dry weather.
She is drinking out of Sippy cup. Chinese do not do Sippy cups. But she kept spilling her water or milk everywhere. And getting your laundry done here is not as easy as home!! We are hoping for a great day today with Sydney. And hoping the rain stays away for today so we can get out more & enjoy Sydney's birthplace.
Thank you so much for all your emails, comments & prayers. I'm trying to respond back to all of the emails but "someone" is occupying most of my time!! Which I love!
Philip & Ashlyn--we love love love you! We are taking great pictures for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Just a note to say We Love Ya'll!! She is a beautiful baby and is blessed to be going to your family. I can't wait to meet her! Many Hugs and Much Love, Laurie
Jen
Love reading your post. It is almost like you have a newborn again (:
Regarding dry skin (when you come home). The nurses in the NICU turned me onto this amazing goop called Aquaphor. I have found at Target and Walmart. It is amazing for anything! Diaper rash, scratches chaffing...everything.
Praying she begins to feel better and sleep more soundly.
XO
Sheri
Be sure to give Sydney Tylenol when she goes to bed. She may just be uncomfortable from her mouth sores or something else. My own daughter here wakes up crying if she has pain from her braces or what not, and when I give her Tylenol she gets a good night sleep.
Your guide probably has something for her diarrhea.
She sure is a cutey!
good suggestion on the aquaphor, we are putting it on boys now because it's so dry. i put it on ben's hands at night and then put socks over it to sleep. do you have any yogurt or acidophilis for the diarrhea? i've also given small dose of children's immodium if it's really bad. praying for peaceful rest for you all and a great day!!! love, tammy
Hey Jen~ Bananas will help the diarrhea. I love reading your posts and seeing the pics! I hope you guys get a good night's sleep soon. Be safe.
Paige
Yes!! I just remembered (after reading the others comments) that we used aquaphor for KM too!! Got to find that stuff again myself!
Post a Comment